AutoGenPrep 850 Alpha
The Gene Technologies Laboratory has acquired a new AutoGen 850 alpha DNA purification system. This system will automatically produce high quality DNA for subsequent use in sequencing, PCR, southern blotting, restriction mapping and more. The Model 850 alpha is presently configured for Plant DNA but protocols for Plasmid, Cosmid, BAC, PAC, and Mouse Tail can be installed at additional cost. The totally automated system, which includes an Auto-Grinder, eliminates the labor-intensive manual steps of purification and assures similar quality throughout many samples. Good yields of high quality DNA have been obtained in initial tests by Tim Hall's lab for arabidopsis (8ug/200 mg starting material) and rice. The cost is only $1.00 per sample plus a one-time set-up fee of $27/six samples. For more information please contact Leslie Ungerer or Larry Harris-Haller at 845-9844.
The AutoGenprep 850alpha offers:
- Unattended operation
- DNA from plasmid, cosmid, BAC, PAC, lambda phage, yeast cultures, mouse tail and plant material.
- Up to 48 samples in 4-6 hours
- Ability to store up to 4 protocols with 7 savable user files modified for each protocol
- Continuous sample feed up to protocol maximum
- Room temperature operation
- Unique robotic operation, uses NO probes or pipette tips