How to set up Sequencher
PC- (Sequencher 4.8)
- Using an FTP program (see our connection page for FTP instructions) or web browser, download the Sequencher 4.8 and Key client software from our ftp site. You should copy the files to your computer. Opening them in the window from the link may give you an error message.
- Install the Key client software (K2Client.exe)
- Specify the KeyServer address in the Host DNS Name or IP Address box. The address is: 126.96.36.199
- Click the 'Next' button until you get to the Ready to Install page.
- Click the Install button then click the Finish button
- Select NO when asked to restart.
- Install the Sequencher software (Sequencher4_8.exe) using the default options.You should then be able to open Sequencher by going to "Start", "Programs", and "Sequencher". If all keys are checked out, you will only be able to run in Demo mode.
Mac OS X.2 and greater - (Sequencher 4.8)
- Sequencher will NOT work with OSX.1 or less.
- From the "GTL clients\Sequencher\Macintosh\Sequencher 4.8" folder (see our connection page for instructions), download the "Sequencher_4_8" and "K2Client.dmg" files.
- Run the K2Client.dmg file. During the install, you will be asked for the Keyserver Address.
The IP adress is: 188.8.131.52.
You will then be asked to restart your computer.
Note: The K2 client installs to "Applications\SassafrasK2\Client\Key Access Setup" folder if you need to access it in the future. Enter the IP address in the window that comes up. All settings can be left at the default. Then hit the "Log On" button, then "OK" when it tells you that you are logged in.
- Once the Key Client is installed, Run the "Sequencher_4_8" file and Sequencher will be installed to your hard drive and you may be asked to restart the computer. The program will now be under your hard drive icon in the "Applications\Sequencher 4.8" folder. You may want to make an alias to the program on your desktop.